Abstracts Submission Rules
Remember that at least one of the authors of each presentation should register for the conference before the early closing date of 19th May 2019. Abstracts for which none of the authors have registered will not be included in the book of abstracts.
Please note that the abstract submission must obey to some rules, such as a limit of 350 words for the body text of the abstract and the title must only carry 20 words, per abstract. It is also mandatory to choose a 1st Theme Option and 2nd Theme Option.
Click here for an abstract example.
The main form of scientific communication in this conference is the poster. There is no limit to the number of posters that will be accepted from a single author/group. Posters will be grouped, where possible, according to subject. Please note that prizes for the best three posters – as judged by their succinctness and clarity, conciseness and general ‘appeal’ – will be awarded during the banquet. Posters should be A0 in size and portrait in orientation. You are also encouraged to bring with you A4 copies of your poster presentation in order to facilitate the distribution of the information to interested delegates.
Each oral presentation will be allotted 15 minutes. The actual talk should be no longer than 12 minutes to allow time for questions, discussion and changeover to the next speaker.
All submitted contributions will be peer-reviewed by an expert panel. Different oral sessions will be arranged based on the scientific quality of the contributions, the number of papers submitted on each topic and on room availability. Those abstracts not selected for oral presentation will automatically revert to poster presentation and will be placed in a suitable poster session. The decision of the organizers in this matter will be final.
- Antimicrobial resistance in fish and shellfish
- Aquatic animal epidemiology
- Aquatic animal welfare
- Bacterial diseases
- Bio-security in aquaculture and veterinary labs
- Climate changes, ocean acidification and diseases
- Co-infections and multiple stressors
- Diseases of public concern
- Diseases of uncertain aetiology
- Diseases of wild and ornamental fish
- Emerging and alien pathogen species
- Environmental and toxicological diseases
- Fish and shellfish immunology
- Host-parasite interactions
- Immunomodulators and aquatic animal health
- Molluscs and crustacean diseases
- Myxozoan diseases
- Nutrition and health
- Parasitological diseases
- Prophylaxis and treatment
- Viruses and viral diseases
Congress Audiovisual Facilities
A full range of audio-visual facilities will be available at the conference. Speakers must bring their presentations on a USB Memory Stick. It is recommended you bring at least 2 copies of your presentation to the meeting in two different formats, in case there are technical/software issues. Please remember to bring A4 printouts of your poster presentation(s).
- Deadline for abstract submission April 5th
- Deadline for Authors Notification May 10th
- Deadline for early registration May 19th
- Deadline for standard registration July 31st
- Deadline for late registration August 31st
To submit more than one abstract you will have to fill in a new form every time. For any doubt please contact the secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract Submission Key dates
- Abstract submission starts 1st February 2019
- Deadline for Abstract submission
22nd March 2019
5th April 2019
- Deadline for Authors Notification 10th May 2019
Conference Registration Key dates
- Deadline for Early bird conference registration 19th May 2019
- Deadline for Standard conference registration 31st July 2019
- Deadline for Late conference registration 31st August 2019