Early Career Scientists Awards
Early Career Scientists Awards to attend 19th EAFP Meeting in Porto are now open!
The EAFP will provide 15 awards for early career scientists (PhD students and postdoctoral fellows) working on fish, shellfish and crustacean diseases to attend the 19th EAFP conference in Porto, Portugal. Awards include free Conference registration and banquet, but exclude travel and accommodation.
Eligible applicants are:
- Early career scientists that are student or regular members in the year of the conference
- Registered as student/ regular members at least since 2018, i.e. the year before the conference
- Preferably offering oral presentation
The application should include at least one abstract of the presentation (conforming to the required format), CV (max. 1 page, including published papers and EAFP membership number) and evidence of current attendance of the PhD program (e.g. supervisor’s or administrative confirmation) or postdoctoral status. Priority will be given to members that have not received an EAFP student awards in the past.
For questions or application submission, please contact the EAFP Meeting Secretary Dr. Ivona Mladineo.
In addition of sending your application to Ivona, please also submit your abstract(s) through the abstract submission platform opening on the February 1st, 2019. The deadline for submission of early career scientists awards applications is the April 5th, 2019. Decision will be communicated to applicants before the early registration deadline.
Abstract Submission Key dates
- Abstract submission starts 1st February 2019
- Deadline for Abstract submission
22nd March 2019
5th April 2019
- Deadline for Authors Notification 10th May 2019
Conference Registration Key dates
- Deadline for Early bird conference registration 19th May 2019
- Deadline for Standard conference registration 31st July 2019
- Deadline for Late conference registration 31st August 2019